Learning at Chitturi High School is not confined to the classroom alone but seeks to broaden the learner’s horizons in a variety of ways.
The conceptual basis of all our efforts at CHITTURI HIGH SCHOOL is learning for deeper understanding. Through our dynamic teaching methodologies which combine thematic and interdisciplinary approaches, every learner becomes an active participant in the learning process.
This approach introduces the learner to a “big conceptual idea” through an interdisciplinary theme that connects all learning into a ‘big picture’ that facilitates deeper understanding. Learning is continuous and links different subjects.
Our programme has been planned to develop higher order thinking skills that go beyond rote learning and acquisition of information. Our learners will develop an ability to analyse and synthesise, to evaluate and interpret information, so that they can meaningfully apply it to a variety of problem-solving situations in real life.
1. Achieve cognitive, affective and psychomotor excellence through Holistic Development 2. Enhance self-awareness, self-learning and explore innate potential;
3. Promote Life Skills goal setting, decision making and lifelong learning;
4. Inculcate values and foster cultural learning and train students to be an active member of the society.
5. Acquire the ability to utilize technology and information.
6. Strengthen knowledge ,attitude and morals.
7. Develop the ability to appreciate art and showcase talents.
8. Promote physical fitness, health and well - being.
Assessment based on the systematic collection of learner activities (such as written assignments, drafts, artwork, and presentations) that represents competencies, exemplary work, or the learner's developmental progress. In addition to examples of their work, most portfolios include reflective statements prepared by learners. Portfolios are assessed for evidence of learner achievement with respect to established learning outcomes and standards.
Two term examination patterns and Quarter term periodical tests will be conducted. Students are evaluated on descriptive pattern and multiple choice pattern ( case study, reasoning, logical thinking, concept maps, comprehensive skills).
The Curriculum cultivates expertise among their students by training them in Maths, English, Science, E.V.S/ Social, Languages (Telugu & Hindi), I.T, Art, Physical Education.